Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fancy Mexican Salad with Serrano Grape Vinaigrette Dressing and Mango Mint Relish

Help!  I need a name for this….the inspiration came from El Toritos Mexican Restaurant,
grilled chicken and avocado salad.  I removed the chicken and added beans.  Had lunch there
Friday, had them hold the Avocado, Chicken, Cheese and add 1 C of boiled beans…It was so good
I had to recreate it.  I am telling you, I had NO idea, how UNHEALTHY that dressing was.  Will NEVER
do that again…..unless of course it’s this version!  If you have an idea for a name, please comment below.

 

img_0844

Serrano grape vinaigrette dressing

What you need

  • 2 C White Grape (Put fresh grapes in blender, until you have 2 C of juice)
  • 5 Serrano chilies Seeded. 
    • I m very sensitive to heat and it was a tad to hot for me, next time I am going to only use 3)
  • 1/3 of large Red Onion
  • 5 Garlic Cloves
  • 3 Oz of Fresh Lime Juice
  • 4 T Rice Vinegar
  • 4 Medjool dates, seeded
  • 1 Avocado

img_0845

What you do

  • Blend the fresh grapes until you have 2 C of Juice, add remaining ingredients. 

 

Mango Mint Relish

What you need

  • 1 cup finely diced ripe mango
  • 1/2 C finely diced red bell pepper
  • 1/3 C finely diced red onion
  • 1 T finely chopped fresh mint
  • 1 seeded and minced jalapeno
  • 1/2 t minced ginger
  • 2 T lemon juice

 

What you do

  • Combine in medium bowl
  • Cover and refrigerate until serving time

img_0846

Salad:

What you need

  • Romaine
  • Crisp Jacama
  • Red Bell Peppers
  • Pasicca Chilies
  • Corn
  • Red Onion
  • 1 Boiled beans (I use pinto beans)

What you do

Toss, add Serrano Grape Vinaigrette Dressing and serve with Mango Mint Relish

2 comments:

  1. bookmarked!!, I like your blog!

    Also visit my web-site :: Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete