Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Journey

June 13, 2012, must have been a strange day for me.  My sister, mentioned something she has seen on Oz, so I decided to take a peek.  While looking at the article she suggested, I noticed another article about an Author named Joel Fuhrman.  This man was saying you could eat without measuring things.  Well that grabbed my attention.

February 2003, I fell and crushed both wrists.  From 2003 to June 13, 2012, I gained 105 pounds.  After many visits to the Doctor, he finally found I had a thyroid problem.  After starting thyroid medication, I quit gaining.  HOWEVER, I could not loose.

I tried everything…you know…up to this time in my life I had  probably found and lost 1000 lbs.  What was different since 2003, is I no longer could loose even 5 lbs.  I had given up long ago.

Back to Dr. Joel Fuhrman.  He wrote some book, named Eat to Live.  Since it was free for a few chapters on my Ipad or Amazon, I decided to read a few.  Well, I was willing to give this 6 weeks.

I am in my 7th week now, and have lost 21 lbs, over 13 inches.  Two weeks after starting I had my blood drawn.  Here is the result:

 

Date Cholesterol HDL LDL Triglyceride
12/12/09 139 50 64 125
6/28/12 127 43 54 150

 

Needless to say, I am impressed.  Onward with my journey…..

No comments:

Post a Comment